cell phone self-portrait

cell phone self-portrait
things are looking up

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Why Johnny CAN Write

I had a consultation with a student named Johnny today, and it went very well; there were all kinds of light bulbs going off as we talked about strategies for writing, etc. Sometimes I know that I was meant to do this job --- and this was one of those times. He left feeling more confident and capable. That's what it's all about.

Things are more tricky in my personal life, so I guess I'd have to agree with today's tarot.

Today's card: the 5 of wands (Unfulfilled Struggle)

Conflict
Obstacles
Unsatisfied desires
internal strife
indecision

or

Trickery
Complexity
Involvement

My daughter sent me a quote that applies here: "The next rock in your path may be a stepping stone."

1 comment:

Allen said...

dealing with the dmv can have all of those aspects of the card!!!!hope you get everything straightened out...remember the old saying today is the first day of the rest of your life...and you can always change the road you are on.....