cell phone self-portrait

cell phone self-portrait
things are looking up

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Concepts in Composition

It's been a great day for ideas and collaboration so far. I've been sharing with my colleague, Leah, what I've learned from Irene L. Clark's Concepts in Composition: Theory and Practice in the Teaching of Writing, (see below), and she and others have been providing feedback on my first effort at producing a studio newsletter.

Tidbits from the book:

to help students understand audience, teach them the difference between reflection, conversation, correspondence, and publication

to help them understand the basic principles of written and spoken communication, emphasize the 5 keys to rhetoric: invention, arrangement, style, memory, delivery

Our temporary title for the studio newsletter is Entitled. I'll try to attach a copy here when I figure out how to do it.

Tarot card for today: "The Empress," a pregnant lady with a spinning wheel and a female gender symbol (so she's expecting a girl?)

Pregnancy
Fertility
Good advice
Safety
Security
Hidden Actions
A competent woman, safe and secure, who is building a future for herself and her family.

or:

Lack of satisfaction
the unraveling of involved matters (hmmm)
Uncertainty
Infidelity
Infertility

I suspect that the reading for me is closer to "the unraveling of involved matters"

No comments: