cell phone self-portrait

cell phone self-portrait
things are looking up

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Preparing a Budget

I'm preparing my first professional budget as the director of the Writing and Professional Skills Studio at OC Tech. I don't enjoy the process, but it is becoming more clear and perhaps more manageable, now that I've received some guidance from the experts.

On my mind today: listening

I'm considering attending a "Deep Listening Retreat" in New Mexico in August. It sounds cool, and they need volunteers to prepare for the retreat --- free room and board. We'll see if I can come up with the money for the flight.

Today I am going to practice the fine art of listening and see how it turns out.

Tarot card: Ten of Cups (Welcome Home)

home
joy
familial bliss
peace
plenty
contentment of the heart
respect from your neighbors

(appropriate and timely, after a weekend visit home to Alabama)

or

the loss of a friendship
sadness or great disappointment
indignation

I've known a few of those lost friendships and sadnesses, but I try not to be indignant about it. "I think it's about forgiveness --- even if you don't love me anymore." (Don Henley)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"True happiness is of a retired nature, and an enemy to pomp and noise; it arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one's self, and in the next from the friendship and conversation of a few select companions."
Joseph Addison